Skip to main content

Providing Information About Your Disability

If you have a disability, long-term health condition or learning or development disorder, let us know - we can help.

Emergency and crisis support

Urgent and emergency care - ☎ 999

Papyrus Hopeline247 - ☎ 0800 068 4141

Wellbeing support

Our resources page offers support and advice

Request wellbeing support

If you have a disability, long-term illness or health condition, learning difficulty or developmental disorder, there are things we can do to support you. This can range from exam arrangements to providing equipment.

There's a lot of information you can share with us that'll help us understand your needs. We'll then put tailored reasonable adjustments in place for you. This information includes:

  • diagnostic reports from professionals such as an educational psychologist or psychiatrist
  • a Study Needs Assessment Report, produced in connection with Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)
  • a letter from your GP, hospital consultant or psychologist, or another medical or mental health professional
  • an education health and care (EHC) plan
  • a Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

You can submit information about your disability to our Disability Service by:


Post or in-person at:
Disability Service
Kings Gate Building
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU.

Concerned you might have a disability? You can contact us so we can support you further.