Skip to main content

Register with a GP (Doctor)

We recommend you sign up to a GP (Doctor) surgery when you start university.

Emergency and crisis support

Urgent and emergency care - ☎ 999

Papyrus Hopeline247 - ☎ 0800 068 4141

Wellbeing support

Our resources page offers support and advice

Request wellbeing support

You should register with a doctor when you've moved to Newcastle or Gateshead. If you've not moved here yet, we recommend waiting to register with a local doctor until you arrive at university.

Find NHS services

Find local NHS services such as doctors and dentists by entering your postcode below.

Out-of-hours services

If you become ill or injured outside of standard medical practice hours, there are a number of different ways you can seek help. You can go to A&E if your illness/injury is life-threatening.

If you're on campus and need urgent medical help or you're in immediate danger, get in touch with our university security team on 0191 208 6817.

If you're off campus and need urgent help, call 999.


We recommend that students register with a dental practice using the Find NHS Services above.

For dental emergencies, visit the Newcastle Dental Hospital on Richardson Road (behind the Royal Victoria Infirmary, which is adjacent to the university).