World-class teaching in a research intensive environment
Not only is Newcastle a great city to spend three years or more, the University has one of the finest reputations in the United Kingdom for undergraduate teaching. This is justified by the 97% score that the Faculty received in the last national review of teaching quality.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences is the home of undergraduate learning for a range of courses in the fields of Biomedical and Biomolecular Science, Dentistry, Food and Human Nutrition, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Psychology, and Sport and Exercise Science.
These undergraduate programmes are supported by academic staff who are world leaders in their respective fields. We have a policy of continual investment and renewal in teaching resources, and we are happy to have some of the best resourced and most inviting facilities available.
Biomedical and Biomolecular ScienceBiomedical and Biomolecular Science
The following degree programmes are delivered by the School of Biomedical Sciences. All our degrees in this area share a common first year and there is sufficient flexibility to allow you to change from one degree to another.
- Biomedical Sciences BSc Honours (B940)
- Biomedical Sciences (Integrated Master's) MSciHonours (B900)
- Biochemistry BSc Honours (C700)
- Biochemistry (Integrated Master's) MSci Honours (C701)
- Biomedical Genetics BSc Honours (B901)
- Biomedical Genetics (Integrated Master's) MSci Honours (B903)
- Pharmacology BSc Honours (B210)
- Physiological Sciences BSc Honours (B100)
- Medical Science (Deferred Choice) BSc Honours (B902)
If you are not sure which area of Biology, Biomedical or Biomolecular Sciences will suit you best our Medical Sciences (deferred choice) route allows you to select your specialism in your second year of study.
The following programmes are delivered by the School of Dental Sciences.
Food and Human NutritionFood and Human Nutrition
The following related courses are available:
The following degree programmes are delivered by the School of Medical Education.
- Medicine and Surgery MB BS Honours (A100)
- Medicine and Surgery (Accelerated Programme) MB BS Honours (A101)
Find out more about studying Medicine at Newcastle.
The following degree programmes are delivered by the School of Psychology.
- Psychology BSc (C800)
- Psychology and Biology BSc (C8C1) (Joint honours)
- Psychology and Mathematics BSc (C8G1) (Joint honours)
- Psychology and Sport and Exercise Science BSc (C8C6) (Joint honours)
- Psychology and Nutrition BSc (C8B4) (Joint honours)
Sport and Exercise ScienceSport and Exercise Science
Our new flagship Sport and Exercise Science programme (C600) will be available from September 2017 entry.
This MPharm degree will equip you with the professional skills, scientific knowledge and clinical experience to become a caring, ethical and effective pharmacist.
Our Pharmacy MPharm degree was originally run by Durham University and we look forward to building on its existing reputation, academic expertise and success at Newcastle.
Clearing and AdjustmentClearing and Adjustment
The University has a number of places available in Clearing and Adjustment for high achieving students. Find out what courses are likely to be available.