Early rent payment
Early payment by the end of your first week's contract for full academic year stays, may entitle you to receive a 2% discount on your accommodation rent.
Please see your contract for details of the discounted amount to pay and the deadline date to qualify. You will not receive an invoice for this, so please make a discounted payment.
One term/One semester students
Rent payment is required in advance and you may be eligible to receive the 2% early rent payment discount.
Payment by credit/debit cardPayment by credit/debit card
For your ease and convenience, payments can be made
Online payment system
Please contact the Accommodation Finance team on +44 (0) 191 208 1971
You can also pay in person at the Cash Office located in King's Gate Student Services Building
Information for overseas card usersInformation for overseas card users
Dynamic Currency Conversion
If you choose to pay your fees using an overseas card, you may be offered our Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) Service, powered by FEXCO. This is a convenient service that offers you the choice to pay your student fee in your home currency.
Benefits for you:
- Experience instant conversion to a familiar currency
- Today's exchange rate
- The amount quoted at the time of sale is the final amount you will be charged by Newcastle University for your fee in your home currency
- Available for both VISA and MasterCard cardholders DCC is available on a number of currencies*, including: Euro, US Dollar, Austrailian Dollar, Candaian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Dollar, Norwegian Krone, Swedish Krone
* DCC Supported currencies vary depending on the bank
Payment by UK bank transferPayment by UK bank transfer
You can pay by UK bank transfer using the details below. Quote your student number and accommodation as the reference.
It can take several days for the money to move from one account to another, so leave plenty of time.
Bank: Barclays Bank plc, 49-51 Northumberland Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7AF
Sort Code: 20-59-42
Account Number: 20177776
Account Name: University of Newcastle
Payment by chequePayment by cheque
If you wish to make payments by cheque, please make them payable to Newcastle University. Write your student number and Accommodation address on the back. We apologise we are unable to accept post-dated cheques for dates in the future.
Cheques should be posted to: Income Section, Level 4 King's Gate, Newcastle University, NE1 7RU
Payment by international bank transferPayment by international bank transfer
Our international payment platform (GlobalPay) allows students, parents and sponsors to pay student fees in their chosen currency via bank transfer or online e-wallet.
Once you've chosen your preferred payment method and currency you will receive payment instructions by email. For a bank transfer this will include bank account details (eg SWIFT code, IBAN).
- receive an instant quote for the amount you wish to pay
- track your payment step by step and receive a text alert when payment arrives at the University
- no transaction charges from Newcastle University or GlobalPay
- multi language platform: French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish and Hindi
- favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- customer support service to help you in every step
*GlobalPay is powered by our preferred partner Western Union Business Solutions