Dr Narakorn Srinil
Senior Lecturer in Subsea Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6499
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 5491
- Personal Website: https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/narakorn.srinil/
- Address: School of Engineering
Room 1.54A, Armstrong Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Academic & Industrial Experience
Since Sep 2015 Dr Narakorn Srinil joined Newcastle University as a 'Senior Lecturer in Subsea Engineering'. Presently, Dr Srinil is a PrincipaI Investigator & Consortium Lead of the EPSRC-funded MUFFINS project, a world-leading collaboration of academia and industrial oil & gas companies to develop the next generation of pioneering technologies and cost-efficient tools for the safe, reliable and environmentally-friendly designs of real-life subsea systems transporting multiphase hydrocarbon liquid-gas flows and subject to complex fluid-structure interactions.
Dr Srinil also leads the FlexNARA (Fluid-flexible structure iNterAction ReseArch) team focusing on fundamental & applied research in:
- Phenomenological modelling of hydrodynamic-structure interactions,
- Subsea engineering & deep-water riser/pipeline/mooring technologies,
- Offshore floating & fixed foundations of renewable wind/marine energy systems.
Dr Srinil is a research-led academic having interests in a wide range of offshore, ocean, subsea and renewable energy engineering. He is an internationally recognised researcher in vortex-induced vibration (VIV) which is a fundamental research topic of theoretical and industrial importance for offshore energy (oil & gas, renewable, subsea, mining) developments in deep waters. VIV affects the integrity, safety reliability and fatigue life of offshore structural systems.
Dr Srinil published theoretical, analytical, computational and experimental works in high-calibre international journals with increasing citations. He has been developing a strong link with industrial companies through a wide range of knowledge exchange activities including research projects, consultancy, visits, teaching and group/individual works of MSc/PhD students. He also had an industrial placement experience at Maersk Oil UK in Aberdeen through the obtained Industrial Fellowship Awards from The Innovation Institute UK. His recent international collaboration network includes colleagues in UK, Brazil, Singapore, USA, Italy, Netherlands, China & India.
Dr Srinil was previously a Lecturer in Offshore Engineering at the Dep. of Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (2010-2015), a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate at the Centre for Applied Dynamics Research, University of Aberdeen, a Research & Development Engineer at Wood Group MCS Kenny (2007-2009), a Postdoctoral and PhD scholar in Civil Engineering at the Dep. of Structural & Geotechnical Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome in Italy (2003-2007) where he carried out in-depth research in the field of nonlinear vibrations of flexible structures whose theories can be applied to a wide range of engineering applications.
Areas of expertise
- Vortex-induced vibration
- Flow-induced vibration
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Marine riser & pipeline
- Mooring line & cable
External Professional Roles
- 2008-present: Member of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME),
- 2010-present: Member of The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT),
- 2012-present: Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA),
- 2014-present: Grant Reviewer for The Research Council of Norway (RCN),
- 2016-present: Member of The UK Carbon Capture & Storage Research Centre (UKCCS),
- 2016-2019: Co-Lead in Special Interest Group ‘Marine Hydrodynamics’, EPSRC ‘UK Fluids Network’,
- 2016-2019: External Examiner for ‘Offshore & Ocean Technology’ MSc courses with Subsea, Materials & Pipeline Engineering, Risk Management & Renewable Energy at Cranfield University,
- 2017-present: Member of the European Mechanics Society EUROMECH (Solids & Fluids),
- 2017-present: Member of the EPSRC Associate Peer Review College,
- 2017-present: Member of The EPSRC Energy Harvesting Network,
- 2018-present: Associate Editor for Journal of Ocean & Climate: Science, Technology & Impacts, SAGE.
- Reviewer: >30 Journals (Elsevier, Springer, Cambridge, ASME, ASCE, SAGE, T&F, WS).
Google Scholar: Click here.
SCOPUS: Click here.
More info of Dr Srinil's research:
I. Research Projects: PI (CI) = Principal (Co-) Investigator
(a) Ongoing EPSRC Project [total funds: £1.6m; EP/P033148/1, EP/P033180/1, EP/P033105/1]
- PI & Consortium Lead: 'MUltiphase Flow-induced Fluid-flexible structure InteractioN in Subsea applications (MUFFINS)', partnered with Imperial College, Cranfield University, NUS and oil & gas companies.
(b) Completed Projects [total funds: £772k]
- PI: 'Advanced Analysis & Design Tools for VIV of Offshore Structures', partnered with NUS Singapore & U. Sao Paulo, funded by The Scottish Funding Council.
- PI: 'On-Bottom Stability Analysis of Subsea Cables for Offshore Winds', funded by SSE, SPR & Technip.
- PI: 'Analysis Tool for Offshore Jackets Supporting Wind Turbines', funded by SSE, SPR & Technip.
- PI: 'Connecting Jackets with Piles for Offshore Wind Turbines', funded by SSE, SPR & Technip.
- PI: 'Subsea Cables & VIV', funded by Scottish Power Renewable (SPR).
- PI: 'SuSy - Surfacing System for Ship Recovery', funded by EU-FP7:Transport.
- CI: 'Performance of VIV Suppression Strakes', funded by Balmoral Offshore Ltd.
II. Research Supervision
(a) Postdocs (PhD graduates from Oxford1, Strathclyde2, Edinburgh3, Manchester4, NUS5)
- 1MUFFINS: Reduced-order modelling of multiphase MFIV & FSI [K Bakis, 5/18-present]
- 2MUFFINS: Phenomenological modelling of multiphase MFIV & FSI [H Zanganeh, 5/18-present]
- 3Uncertainties in phenomenological models of fluid-structure interactions [F Tagliaferri, 10/15-3/17]
- 4Analysis tool for offshore jackets supporting wind turbines in deep waters [S Zhong, 1/14-12/14]
- 5On-bottom stability analysis of subsea cables for offshore wind applications [N Dat, 10/14-12/15]
- Multiphase FIV & VIV of subsea catenary risers & pipelines [B Ma, 10/15 - present]
- Dynamics of floating renewable energy systems under waves & VIV [P-A Opinel, 9/16 - present]
- Modelling of combined VIV & WIV of multiple rigid/flexible cylinders [B Soares, 4/18 - present]
- Subsea structural integrity with multiphase FIV assurance [I Tamunodienye, 4/18 - present]
(c) Former Interns
- VIV & wake-induced vibrations of two tandem cylinders [S. Safrendyo, 9/17 - 1/18]
- Dynamic response of subsea jumpers transporting multiphase flows [J Kim, 9/17 - 1/18]
- Modelling & analysis of VIV of rigid and flexible structures [H Zanganeh, completed]
- Analysis of offshore floating wind turbines with mooring optimisation [X Xu, 10/13-8/15]
- Innovative deep-water foundations for offshore wind turbines [A Hemmati, 11/14-8/15]
- Modelling & analysis of ice-induced vibrations of arctic offshore structures [X Ji, 10/14-8/15]
III. Knowledge Exchange & Impact Activities [year/month]
- (2018/06) Chair of CFD & FSI session 'VIV Modeling & Prediction', OMAE2018 Conference, Madrid
- (2018/05) Participation in Special Interest Group meeting in ‘Multiphase FIV’ at TNO, Delft
- (2018/04) Examiner for a PhD thesis/viva, Department of Marine Technology, NTNU, Norway
- (2017/11) Participation in the UK Fluid Network's 'Marine Hydrodynamics' meeting, University of Edinburgh
- (2017/10) Appointment as a Member of the EPSRC Associate Peer Review College
- (2017/09) Participation in a multiphase flow research (MEMPHIS) Showcase Event, Imperial College
- (2017/09) Participation in the SPE Offshore Europe Conference & Exhibition, Aberdeen
- (2017/05) Examiner for a thesis/viva of DProf (Professional Doctorate) degree, University of Sunderland
- (2017/04) Visit Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology New Delhi, via Newton Fund
- (2017/03) Visit Department of Ocean Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, via Newton Fund
- (2017/02) Participation in the EPSRC 'Systems Engineering Workshop', Polaris House, Swindon
- (2016-19) Co-lead of 'Marine Hydrodynamics', a network project funded by EPSRC 'UK Fluids Network'
- (2016/08) Host a visiting researcher from Sch. Naval Arch., Ocean & Civil Eng, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- (2016/07) Examiner for a PhD thesis/viva, Fluid-Structure Interaction Group, University of Southampton
- (2016-19) External examiner for "Offshore & Ocean Technology" MSc courses at Cranfield University
- (2016/04) Presentation at the 'Transient Multiphase Flows' (TMF) meeting, Imperial College London
- (2015/10) Talk on 'Phenomenological Modelling of Fluid-Structure Interactions', Newcastle University
- (2014-15) External reviewer for the Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- (2015/08) Talk on "How to Become a Great Researcher" in NAOME seminar, University of Strathclyde
- (2015/07) "VIV: Modelling, Prediction & Experiment", invited talk at Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- (2015/05) Completion of Offshore Arctic Pipeline Engineering course, ASME, St. John's, Canada
- (2015/04) Completion of Technology of Offshore Wind Energy course, Delft University of Technology
- (2015/04) Deliver a CPD-type Oil & Gas Training course in "Pipelines, Risers & Moorings", Strathclyde
- (2014/12) Visit Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, National University of Singapore
- (2014/09) Visit Department of Marine Systems Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan
- (2014/07) Visit Fluid Dynamics Research Group, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- (2014/07) Visit School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Campinas, Brazil
- (2014/05) Visit VIV Research Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- (2014/04) Visit Centre for Offshore Research & Engineering (CORE), National University of Singapore
- (2014/04) Visit School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University
- (2014/03) Presentation in The Royal Society UK-India Scientific Seminar, University of Edinburgh
- (2014/02) Talk on 'Supervision Management' in 3rd Academic Seminar, University of Strathclyde
- (2013/09) Industrial Placement at Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited via IFS Awards
- (2013/07) "VIV of flexible structures", a talk given at University of Bristol, Dep of Civil Engineering
- (2013/04) "VIV - Renewable energy?", a talk given at University of Edinburgh
- (2012/12) "VIV: where are we & what next ?", a talk given at Nanyang Technological University
- (2012/12) "Offshore structural vibration & fluid-structure interaction", a lecture given at KMUTT
- (2012/06) Scottish Crucible Workshop 3 at University of Dundee
- (2012/05) Scottish Crucible Workshop 2 at Glasgow Caledonian University
- (2012/04) Scottish Crucible Workshop 1 at Royal Society of Edinburgh & Scottish Parliament
- (2012/04) Visit Gamesa at Strathclyde Business Park, Glasgow
- (2011/09) Experimental research visit at Dep. of Mechanical Engineering, University of São Paulo
- (2011/09) Observer in The 26th International Towing Tank Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- (2011/08) "Predicting offshore VIV", a talk given at University of São Paulo, Brazil
- (2011/05) "University R & D Showcase", Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, USA
- (2010/02) Participation in "Oil & Gas Mission" with the Scottish Development International, Mexico
IV. Reviewer in 30 multidisciplinary journals & conferences
- Offshore Engineering: OMAE & ISOPE conf., J Waterway, Port, Coastal Ocean Eng.
- Fluids & Structures: J Fluids & Str, J Fluid Mech, Comp & Fluids, Int J Solids & Str, J Hydrodynamics.
- Mechanics: Int J Non-Linear Mech, J Mech Sci, Acta Mech, J Brazil Mech Sci & Eng, Exp Tech, J Mech Sci & Tech, Str Eng & Mech, Meccanica.
- Maritime: Applied Ocean Research, Ocean Eng, IMechE - J Eng for Maritime Environment, Int J of Maritime Eng, J Ocean Univ of China, Energies, J Offshore Mech & Arctic Eng, Marine Str.
- Dynamics & Control: Nonlinear Dynamics, J Vib & Control, J Sound & Vib, J Vib & Acoustics, Int J Stability & Dyn, Shock & Vib.
- Computations: Communication in Nonlinear Sci & Numerical Simulation, J Comp & Nonlinear Dynamics.
V. Professional Activities as a Session Organiser/Chairman & Co-Chairman
- (2015) The 34th Int. Conf. on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering, St. John's
- (2014) The International Conference on Maritime Technology, Glasgow
- (2014) The 5th UK Marine Technology Postgraduate Conference, Newcastle
- (2014) The 33rd Int. Conf. on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering, San Francisco
- (2012) The 11th International Marine Design Conference, Glasgow
- (2012) The 3rd UK Marine Technology Postgraduate Conference, Glasgow
- (2011) The 2nd UK Marine Technology Postgraduate Conference, Southampton
- (2009) The 19th International Offshore (Ocean) & Polar Engineering, Osaka
- (2008) The 8th ISOPE Pacific/Asia Offshore Mechanics Symposium, Bangkok
Dr Srinil contributes to and leads (*) the following modules.
MSc in Subsea, Pipeline, Naval & Renewable Energy Engineering
- MAR8052 - Dynamics of Subsea Installations*
- MAR8051 - Design of Pipelines, Risers & Umbilicals
- MAR8046 - Material, Corrosion & Flow Assurance Aspects*
- MAR8069 - Advanced Naval Architecture
- SPG8026 - Renewable Energy: Marine Structures & Devices*
- MAR8077 - Fundamentals of Pipeline Engineering*
- MAR8012 - Design & Construction*
- MAR8013 - Asset Management*
- CME8040 - Corrosion & Corrosion Control
BEng/MEng in Marine Technology
- MAR1012 - Naval Architecture
- MAR3043 - Project & Report in Marine Engineering*
- MAR3044 - Project & Report in Naval Architecture*
- MAR3045 - Project & Report in Offshore Engineering*
- MAR3046 - Project & Report in Small Craft Technology*
- NM210 - Analysis & Design of Marine Structures I
- NM312 - Analysis & Design of Marine Structures II
- NM404 - Ship Structural Dynamics
- NM958 - Risers & Mooring Lines
- MSc Group Projects in Offshore Floating Systems, Subsea Eng., Ship & Offshore Structures
- Pipelines, Moorings, Umbilicals & Risers (MTEC: Marine Technology Education Consortium)
Completed MSc Theses under my supervision
- Non-uniform slug flow & VIV effects on steel catenary riser [S. Safrendyo]
- CFD analysis of subsea valve actuator hydraulic flows [N. Tait]
- CFD for FSI analysis of subsea jumper transporting multiphase flows [J. Kim]
- Severe slugging of deepwater M-shaped rigid jumpers [K. Smart]
- VIV of drilling riser subject to space-time varying currents [R. Toledo]
- Mitigation technique of severe slugging in riser-pipeline [K. Kim]
- Deep sea mining with novel S-shaped risers [A. Indhama]
- Severe slugging in a pipeline-riser system [C. Kwan]
- XXL monopiles for offshore wind farm turbines [D. Akpan]
- Analysis of jetting functions on subsea ploughs [D. Potter]
- Passive VIV control for multiple-span pipelines [A. Karunakaran]
- VIV experiments of a curved cylinder pipe in multi orientations to flows [A. Zapris]
- Optimum design of sea-water uptake reel during deployment/recovery [R. Wade]
- Internal-flow pulsation & vibration of free-spanning subsea pipelines [S. Mathew]
- CFD-based risk assessment of piping vibration due to multiphase flow [C. Jung]
- Partially-filled rectangular & trapezoidal LNG tanks to alleviate sloshing [H. Jeong]
- Modelling and analysis of fatigue failure in flexible risers [R. Torres]
- Slug flow-induced vibration of flexible risers and pipelines [G. Nikas]
- CFD-based VIV analysis of two parallel cylinders with 2DOF [S. Zaidi]
- Multiphase internal flow-induced vibration of subsea jumpers [S. Laprabang]
- Current-induced vibrations of multi free-spanning pipelines [L. Ramadhan]
- Dynamic performance of LWSCR, OSCR, TSCR vs SCR [A. Venetsanos]
- Arctic rigid riser-mooring systems under ice impact [A. Varghese]
- Enhanced oil recovery using CO2 injection risers [S. Okpokparoro]
- Dynamics of risers & pipelines with damage and leakage [Y. Xu]
- Analysis of HPHT pipe-in-pipe structures [S. Phromnomai]
- Fatigue damage analysis due to pipeline-soil-fluid interactions [S. Arogundade]
- Analysis & design of offshore systems using Orcaflex vs Flexcom [A. Oliyide]
- Towing tank experiment on VIV of a J-lay pipe [L. Zhang]
- Fatigue analysis of deepwater riser VIV [E. Normann]
- Pipeline walking and mitigation approach [M. Birdas]
- On-bottom stability of inter-array subsea cables [A. Richard]
- Optimized 3-leg jacket for offshore wind turbines [N. S. Conde]
- Deepwater gravity base for offshore wind turbines [R. Kuruniyan]
- CFD study on flow past piggyback cylinders [K. Pratumwun]
- Parametrically-excited deepwater drilling riser [F. Poretti]
- Novel deepwater mooring systems with buoys [O. Akinyode]
- Interference analysis of TLP/SPAR risers in array [A Etim]
- Ice-structure interaction using FEM [A. Steinert]
- Springing of FPSOs due to waves [M. Arriaga]
- Modelling iced-induced structural vibration [B. Lhabitant]
- Mooring of offshore floating wind turbines [R. Quail]
- Modelling VIV of circular cylinder near seabed [A. Kusnadi]
- Experimental study on 2-DOF VIV of inclined cylinder [C. Sevak]
- VIV of arbitrarily inclined free-spanning pipelines [P. Sirilatthaporn]
- Sensitivity analysis of a conceptual design for subsea deployment [A. Matheson]
- Fluid mechanics of forced figure-eight trajectories of circular cylinders [J. Chen]
- Impact of combined VIV & wave interaction on offshore structures [Y. Aye]
- Interactions of seabed and SCRs with trench profile effects [E. Seim]
- Numerical time-domain analysis of ice-SPAR platform interaction [J. Uche]
- Clashing analysis of hybrid riser systems due to wake interference [M. Aursand]
- A novel hybrid riser-tether system for deepwater applications [B. Umobi]
- Clashing modelling of in-tandem structures undergoing VIV [M. Armin]
- Impact analysis of the liquid sloshing within the FPSO tanks using CFD [J. Lee]
- Dynamic analysis of coupled mooring lines & floating wave energy devices [M. Ramli]
- Time-domain analysis of seabed-riser interactions in deepwater applications [B. Peroz]
- CFD with visualization of vortex modes behind forced cylinders [P. Reagan]
- Accurate deformation of flexible structures using strain gauges vs. optical camera [A. Ikeaguzi]
- Oil & gas exploration and production in the Bay of Bengal [N.K. Chandru]
- Analysis of ice-structure interaction using a simplified modeling and approach [S. Maley]
- Feasibility of composite risers in offshore deepwater applications [O. Ugbehe]
- Riser VIV analysis using a time-domain approach [N. O. Amaraibi]
- CFD studies on flows past stationary/harmonically-forced transverse oscillating cylinders [Il Y. Lee]
- Srinil N, Ma B, Zhang L. Experimental investigation on in-plane/out-of-plane vortex-induced vibrations of curved cylinder in parallel and perpendicular flows. Journal of Sound and Vibration 2018, 421, 275-299.
- Ma B, Srinil N. Two-dimensional vortex-induced vibration suppression through the cylinder transverse linear/nonlinear velocity feedback. Acta Mechanica 2017, 228(12), 4369-4389.
- Tagliaferri F, Srinil N. Quantifying uncertainties in phenomenological model of two-dimensional VIV using multivariate Monte Carlo simulations. In: ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. 2017, Trondheim, Norway: ASME.
- Lim H, Manuel L, Low YM, Srinil N. Uncertainty quantification of riser fatigue damage due to VIV using a distributed wake oscillator model. In: ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2017). 2017, Trondheim, Norway: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Zanganeh H, Srinil N. Three-dimensional VIV prediction model for a long flexible cylinder with axial dynamics and mean drag magnifications. Journal of Fluids and Structures 2016, 66, 127-146.
- Low YM, Srinil N. VIV fatigue reliability analysis of marine risers with uncertainties in the wake oscillator model. Engineering Structures 2016, 106, 96-108.
- Srinil N, Ma B, Zhang L. Vortex-induced vibration of J-shaped cylinder by towing experiments. In: 11th International Conference on Flow-Induced Vibration. 2016, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Srinil N. Cabling to Connect Offshore Wind Turbines to Onshore Facilities. In: Ng C; Ran, L, ed. Offshore Wind Farms: Technologies, Design and Operation. Cambridge: Elsevier, 2016, pp.419-440.
- Ma B, Srinil N. Suppression of two-dimensional vortex-induced vibration with active velocity feedback controller. In: The 13th International Conference on Motion & Vibration Control and 12th International Conference on Recent Advances in Structural Dynamics. 2016, Southampton.
- McQueen H, Srinil N. A modified Matlock-Duffing model for two-dimensional ice-induced vibrations of offshore structures with geometric nonlinearities. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering 2016, 138(1), 011501.
- Ma B, Srinil N. Suppression of two-dimensional vortex-induced vibration with active velocity feedback controller. In: 13th International Conference on Motion and Vibration Control (MOVIC 2016) and the 12th International Conference on Recent Advances in Structural Dynamics (RASD 2016). 2016, Institute of Physics Publishing.
- Bodai T, Srinil N. Performance analysis & optimization of a box-hull wave energy converter concept. Renewable Energy 2015, 81, 551-565.
- Zanganeh H, Srinil N. Characterization of variable hydrodynamic coefficients and maximum responses in two-dimensional vortex-induced vibrations with dual resonances. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 2014, 136(5), 051010.
- Assi GRS, Srinil N, Freire CM, Korkischko I. Experimental investigation of the flow-induced vibration of a curved cylinder in convex and concave configurations. Journal of Fluids and Structures 2014, 44, 52-66.
- Srinil N, Zanganeh H, Day A. Two-DOF VIV of circular cylinder with variable natural frequency ratio: experimental & numerical investigations. Ocean Engineering 2013, 73, 179-194.
- Srinil N, Zanganeh H. Modelling of coupled cross-flow/in-line VIV using double Duffing & van der Pol oscillators. Ocean Engineering 2012, 53, 83-97.
- Srinil N. Analysis & prediction of VIV of variable-tension vertical risers in linearly sheared currents. Applied Ocean Research 2011, 33, 41-53.
- Srinil N. Multi-mode interactions in VIV of flexible curved/straight structures with geometric nonlinearities. Journal of Fluids & Structures 2010, 26, 1098-1122.
- Srinil N, Wiercigroch M, O'Brien P. Reduced-order modelling of VIV of catenary riser. Ocean Engineering 2009, 36, 1404-1414.
- Meng S, Kajiwara H, Srinil N. Combined FIV and VIV effects on a cantilevered pipe discharging fluid in deep waters. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Zanganeh H, Srinil N. Coupled axial/lateral VIV of marine risers in sheared currents. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Armin M, Srinil N. Wake-induced transverse vibration of two interfering cylinders in tandem arrangement: modelling & analysis. In: The 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2013). 2013, Nantes.
- Birdas M, Srinil N, Abeele P. Assessment of pipeline walking with coupled triggering mechanisms by finite element approach. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Xu X, Srinil N. Dynamic response analysis of spar-type floating wind turbines and mooring lines with uncoupled vs coupled models. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Ma B, Srinil N, Zanganeh H, Day A. Towing tank experiment on flow-induced vibration of piggyback circular cylinders. In: International Conference on Maritime Technology. 2014, Glasgow, UK.
- Nguyen HD, Srinil N, Zanganeh H. On-bottom stability of inter-array subsea cables for offshore wind farms. In: The 8th International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environmental Protection. 2015, Glasgow.
- Low YM, Srinil N. Sensitivity study of wake oscillator parameters influencing the fatigue damage of a riser undergoing VIV. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Zanganeh H, Srinil N, Nguyen HD. Nonlinear model for on-seabed dynamic stability of wind farm cables. In: The 8th International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environmental Protection. 2015, Glasgow.
- McQueen H, Srinil N. Modelling two-dimensional ice-induced vibrations of offshore structures with geometric nonlinearities. In: ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2015). 2015, St John's, NL, Canada.
- Velayudhan AKD, Srinil N, Baltrop N. Sliding mode controller for salvaging of sunken vessels. In: The RINA International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding. 2011, Trieste.
- Srinil N, Rega G. Nonlinear longitudinal/transversal modal interactions in highly extensible suspended cables. Journal of Sound & Vibration 2008, 310, 230-242.
- Srinil N, Rega G. Space-time numerical simulation & validation of analytical predictions for nonlinear forced dynamics of suspended cables. Journal of Sound & Vibration 2008, 315, 394-413.
- Srinil N, Rega G, Chucheepsakul S. Resonant multi-modal dynamics of horizontal/inclined cables. Part I: Theoretical formulation & model validation. Nonlinear Dynamics 2007, 48, 231-252.
- Srinil N, Rega G. Resonant multi-modal dynamics of horizontal/inclined cables. Part II: Internal resonances, reduced-order models & nonlinear modes. Nonlinear Dynamics 2007, 48, 253-274.
- Srinil N, Rega G. The effects of kinematic condensation on internally resonant forced vibrations of shallow horizontal cables. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics 2007, 42, 180-195.
- Srinil N, Rega G, Chucheepsakul S. 3-D nonlinear coupling & dynamic tension in the large amplitude free vibrations of arbitrarily sagged cables. Journal of Sound & Vibration 2004, 269, 823-852.
- Srinil N, Rega G, Chucheepsakul S. Large amplitude 3-D free vibrations of inclined sagged elastic cables. Nonlinear Dynamics 2003, 33, 129-154.
- Rega G, Srinil N, Alaggio R. Experimental & numerical studies of inclined cables: free & parametrically-forced vibrations. Journal of Theoretical & Applied Mechanics 2008, 46, 621-640.
- Rega G, Srinil N. Nonlinear hybrid-mode resonant forced oscillations of sagged inclined cables at avoidances. Journal of Computational & Nonlinear Dynamics 2007, 2(4), 324-336.
- Chucheepsakul S, Srinil N, Petchpeart P. A variational approach for 3-D model of marine cables with specified top tension. Applied Mathematical Modelling 2003, 27, 781-803.
- Chucheepsakul S, Srinil N. Free vibrations of 3-D extensible marine cables with specified top tension via a variational method. 2002.
- Srinil N, Zanganeh H, Day A. Experimental investigation of 2-DOF VIV of circular cylinder with low equivalent mass & variable natural frequency ratio. In: The 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2013). 2013, Nantes.
- Zanganeh H, Srinil N. Two-dimensional coupled VIV of circular cylinder: prediction and extraction of hydrodynamics properties. In: 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2013). 2013, Nantes, France.
- Assi GRS, Srinil N, Freire CM, Korkischko I. Experimental investigation of the VIV of a curved cylinder. In: The 31st International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2012). 2012, Rio.
- Assi GRS, Freire CM, Korkischko I, Srinil N. Experimental investigation of the flow-induced vibration of a curved circular cylinder. In: The 10th International Conference on Flow-Induced Vibration (& Flow-Induced Noise). 2012.
- Velayudhan AKD, Srinil N, Baltrop N. A new ship recovery concept & design using adaptively controlled buoyancy systems. In: The 11th International Marine Design Conference. 2012, Glasgow.