Sessions covering everything from applying to Newcastle, to the city, accommodation and student life will be running throughout the day. Times and locations are listed below. Places at these sessions are first-come, first-served.
Most Information Sessions will take place in the Herschel Building (Google maps).
Welcome to NewcastleWelcome to Newcastle
Discover what Newcastle University has to offer you and why we're ranked highly in the UK for student experience and satisfaction.
About the 'Toon'About the 'Toon'
Discover more about the University, and life in Newcastle at this informal and fun session.
Accommodation at NewcastleAccommodation at Newcastle
Applying to NewcastleApplying to Newcastle
This informal session offers students and parents the chance to hear from University admissions staff about the view from the inside. Topics will range from the bigger picture, applications to places, how we make decisions and what we look for in personal statements and references. A short introductory presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session.
Student FinanceStudent Finance
These sessions will give you an overview of the financial support available for 2018 entry, including information about the specific support offered by Newcastle University.
Student Life at NewcastleStudent Life at Newcastle
Recent graduates deliver these sessions to give you a real insight into what it's like to be a student at Newcastle.
Study AbroadStudy Abroad
Find out about the opportunities to study abroad as part of your degree, and how the experience can enhance your future career prospects.
University Sport at NewcastleUniversity Sport at Newcastle
These sessions will give an overview of:
- student-led sports clubs you can get involved in at Newcastle
- sports facilities
- opportunities to receive sports scholarships and compete at a higher level
Adding to your degree with a work placementAdding to your degree with a work placement
Most of our degrees* include the option to undertake a 9-12 month placement, supported by the relevant school or our award-winning Careers Service. Find out more at this session.
*Degrees that aren’t eligible to take a placement year are: Medicine; Dental Science; Oral and Dental Health Sciences; Speech and Language Sciences; Chinese Studies and Japanese Studies.
Find out about student life outside of academic study, the support available and the opportunities on offer at Newcastle at our Information Fair.
The Information Fair is held in King's Gate (Google Maps).
We'll be there to chat to you and answer any queries about:
- our Careers Service - find out how our award-winning Careers Service can help you
- the city - find out about life in one of Britain’s most exciting student cities
- our Estate Support Services - millions have been invested in developing our campus, ensuring student safety and managing sustainability
- student finance - financial support and advice available at Newcastle
- PARTNERS - the PARTNERS Programme Supported Entry Route supports eligible students who have the potential to succeed at Newcastle; from application to entry and beyond
- student accommodation - speak to staff from our Accommodation Service and discover the wide range of options available
- student wellbeing - professional and confidential support for all students
- sport - discover the huge range of sports that you can get involved in and the fantastic facilities available
- study abroad - opportunities to study abroad in Europe and beyond
- information for parents and supporters - meet our friendly Student Recruitment team who will help you with any queries you may have on applying to higher education
There's also a stand about clubs and societies in the Students' Union building.
Book your Open Day place