Planning your Day
Find out what's happening on the day and plan ahead to make the most of your visit.
Our Open Days run from 9.00am to 4.00pm
You can arrive at any time, but booking your place in advance is essential as our Open Days are very popular. We also recommend arriving early to make the most of the activities on offer:
- attend subject session(s) for the degrees you're interested in, and meet staff and current students
- see the campus and facilities
- tour some of our accommodation
- find out more about the range of subjects we offer at Subject Fairs
- get an insight into student life at Newcastle at Information Sessions and the Information Fair
The day is flexible, so you can plan your day based around what you want to see.
Open Day programme
See the Open Day Programme (PDF: 3MB) from our most recent Open Day for an idea of the activities on offer.
Welcome and registration
Once you've booked your place online, you'll receive a unique registration code. Please bring your code with you on the day of the event to the Welcome Desk on the lawn opposite the Students' Union – you can do this at any point during the day.
Free Wi-Fi is available on campus on the day. Log on to the NUOpenDay wireless network on the day using the password openday1.
Finding your way around
There are lots of ways to find your way around campus:
- campus map (Google Maps) on your mobile
- University map leaflet (sent to you with your event programme or pick up a copy on the day)
- students wearing yellow t-shirts will be across campus to help with directions
Visitors with disabilities
If you or anyone attending the event with you has a specific support need, please let us know before the day so we can ensure you can make the most of your time.
Most of our campus is accessible. There are a small number of rooms which may not be accessible to wheelchair users. If you are a wheelchair user, please let us know so we can advise you on the accessibility of rooms for any sessions that you plan to attend and put in place whatever we can to help.
Disabled parking is also available on campus.