We have an international reputation for research expertise in the field of sustainability. We are making a lasting impact by finding solutions to major global challenges.
Learning and teaching resources
The Sustainability Resource Guide contains links to information relating to many aspects of sustainability. It can be used for learning, teaching and research. The guide was produced by the:
- Institute for Sustainability
- Newcastle University Library
- University Sustainability Advisor, Dr Sue Haile
You will also find case studies for teaching and examples of sustainability in the curriculum from all faculties in the University.
Sustainability on campus
Sustainability is at the heart of the University’s campus and operations. Our Environmental Management System is certified to both ISO14001 and EcoCampus Platinum. This ensures that we are continually improving our environmental performance.
There’s lots happening to make our campus more sustainable, including:
- the introduction of bike racks and recycling facilities
- upgrading of heating systems in our buildings
- use of water saving fixtures in our student accommodation
The Sustainable Campus website contains information on key areas of environmental sustainability. It includes how we are performing and how you can get involved.
The sustainability policy is also available online.