Congratulations on exceeding the conditions of your first choice offer!
If you've done better than expected in your exams, now is your chance to apply to Newcastle University.
We will have Adjustment places available for high achieving applicants for many courses.
Newcastle University Adjustment hotline opens at 7.30am on Thursday 14 August.
Call 0800 073 3030 (free from landlines)
- Thursday 14 August – 7.30am to 6pm
- Friday 15 August – 8am to 5pm
- Saturday 16 August – 9am to 4pm
- Sunday 17 August – 10am to 12 noon
Please have your exam results when you call us.
Our provisional list of Adjustment courses will be published on Monday 11 August and a final list will be available from noon on Wednesday 13 August.
We will have Adjustment places available for outstanding applicants for many courses, particularly those who achieve ABB or above or equivalent in their exams.
You have five days from the date that you achieve the conditions of your first choice offer (A level results day, in most cases) to register and secure a place through Adjustment.
Your first choice university place will be protected during these five days.
- Check if you are eligible on the UCAS website
If you are, register for the service through UCAS Track.
- Choose your course from our Adjustment course list
Check you have the required qualifications.
- Call our adjustment hotline– 0800 073 3030 (free from landlines)
Call as soon as possible. Have your exam results and UCAS Personal ID number ready.
- Tell us which course/subject you are interested in
If that course is available through Adjustment and you have the right qualifications, we'll put you through to an Admissions Tutor.
- Be ready to tell us about yourself
If we put you through to an Admissions Tutor, they will want to know about you, your grades and motivations, so be ready to tell us about yourself.
- Make an informed decision
Think of any questions you might want to ask the university to help you make your decision if you get an offer. If we offer you a place, we’ll send you an email to confirm.
If there are no places available
Places may become available over time.
If you are keen to come to Newcastle and there are no vacancies when you first check our course list, it's worth checking again at intervals during the five-day Adjustment period.
The Admissions Tutor will tell you whether you have a place at the end of your call. We will then send you a confirmation email which will include instructions on how to accept your offer.
If you get an offer from us
- Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you in September
- Can't wait to see what life at Newcastle is like? Book a campus tour now to visit us over the summer
If you do not get an offer
- You are free to consider other universities or stay with your first choice university