Exceptional opportunities for students with ABB or above.
You might have just missed your grades but it doesn’t mean you have to miss out.
Now is your chance to apply to Newcastle University - a world-class university in a world-famous city.
We have Clearing vacancies available for high achieving applicants for many courses.
Newcastle University Clearing hotline is now open. Give us a call!
Call 0800 073 5050 (free from landlines)
- Monday 18 August onwards – 9am to 5pm
Please have your exam results when you call us.
Act fast! Call as soon as you get your results.
- Check our list of Clearing courses to see if there are any that interest you.
Academic standards at Newcastle are high and we want to welcome students who will flourish here. Typical entrance requirements are included with the degree listings but we can be more flexible during Clearing.
- Call the Clearing Hotline on 0800 073 5050
Hotline opens 7.30am on Thursday 14 August. Calls are free from landlines.
- Have your exam results and UCAS Personal ID number ready.
You must call yourself – the Admissions Tutor will want to speak to you personally.
- Tell us which course/subject you are interested in.
If that course is available through Clearing we'll put you through to an Admissions Tutor. If not, we'll see if there are any other courses that might suit you.
- Be ready to tell us about yourself.
If we put you through to an Admissions Tutor, they will want to know about you, your grades and motivations, so be ready to tell us about yourself.
- Make an informed decision.
Think of any questions you might want to ask to help you make your decision if you get an offer. If we offer you a place, we’ll send you an email to confirm.
If you get an offer from us
Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you in September.
- We will send you an email telling you what to do next
- You'll need to add your Clearing choice to your UCAS record in UCAS Track.
- We'll check your grades and let UCAS know that you have a place with us
- You'll be able to see on UCAS Track that we have accepted you
Can't wait to see what life at Newcastle is like? Book a campus tour now to visit us over the summer
If you do not get an offer
If we can't make you an offer, you do have other options. You could consider:
- applying to another university via Clearing
- re-sitting your exams
- taking a year out to gain practical work experience before applying again next year